Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Summer Duty Station

I have been involved in Civil War re-enacting since 1994 and giving presentations and talks since 2005. My unit hosts an annual living history at Andersonville National Historic Site in March and one in September at Sweetwater Creek State Park. In this role, I have been extensively involved in the planning and organization of these events. In addition, I am in the process of pursuing an Associates Degree in History.

All my work on these events, and participation in, has been on a volunteer status. However, all the hard work and dedication paid off in quite an unexpected manner. I was offered, and have accepted a seasonal position as a living history interpreter at Denali National Park in Alaska. It is a foot in the door in the career direction in which I want to go and will look awesome on a resume !

Bears and wolves and moose, oh my !
:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment