Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mental exercise

I have now been working again since December. The new job is going well and I do enjoy it. However, writing is still my passion and desire for making a living.

I am still taking college courses and am now listed as a "sophomore" on my college data - YEAH !! Its going to take awhile attending part-time, but I WILL do it.

The webpage has been up for awhile and has over 500 hits. There are more excerpts from my book, Under the Smoke, found there.

I am getting back in the habit of writing something every day. It is imperative for me to do this for myself ! I enjoy writing about what I see in the natural world around us. This can be the pair of red-tail hawks I see every day coming from work to the barn owl that flew silently overhead one evening while walking the dogs.

Fiction is also a new frontier I am delving into. Due to my historical interest, I am attracted to historical fiction. This is a good and a bad thing. I have great ideas but seem to question myself regarding the accuracy of my "plots". What I need to do is just write and then fine-tune the historical aspects during edits. One that I have started on concerns western North Carolina and the early years of the French & Indian War.

We will see how it plays out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment